Contact info for Mark Whitt: email@example.com
Cell Phone - 937-416-4098
Click here to view APD's Global Radio Showcase Volume 2 - Bluegrass
Extra Special Thanks: To all the super-star artists who made guest appearances on this Cd: Tim Crouch, Joe Mullins, Clay Hess, Luke Montgomery. Thank you for your significant impact on my latest project. It really means a lot to have such great artists be part of this project.
Lead Vocals (all songs): Mark Whitt
Mastered by: Clay Hess
All tracks recorded by Clay Hess @ Hayes Recording Studio, Cincinnati, OH. Produced and engineered by Clay Hess.
1. Let Me Be Your Friend – Carter Stanley; Peer International (BMI) 2:54
2. Shenandoah Waltz – Clyde Moody, Chubby Wise; Sony/ATV Acuff Rose Music (BMI) 2:05
3. How Mountain Girls Can Love – Ruby Rakes; Fort Knox Music Inc, Trio Music Company, Inc. (BMI) 2:36
4. Over You – Mark Allen Whitt (BMI) 2:48
5. Blue Ridge Cabin Home – Gladys Stacey, Louise Certain; Golden West Melodies, Inc. (BMI) 3:28
6. I Heard Sweet Music Playing – Mark Allen Whitt (BMI) 2:38
7. Lord I’m Coming Home – William Kirkpatrick; PD (BMI) 3:38
8. My Cabin In The Hills of Caroline – Lester Flatt, Earl Scruggs, Peer International (BMI) 3:04
9. The Lonesome River – Carter Stanley; Peer International (BMI) 3:40
Art: All panels: Ashley Lewis
Photography: Captured Moments By Gina
Creative layout design: Ashley Lewis
Mark Whitt was born and raised in a small town in Southern Ohio. He was introduced to bluegrass, Country and Gospel by his parents, who were both born and raised in Eastern Kentucky. As a young child, he recounts, "my sisters and I would sing with our parents in the car on the way home from a second job that they took on in the evenings." Mark fondly remembers waking up each morning to the sound of bluegrass classics on the record player. They would often travel back to Eastern Kentucky for family gatherings and during this time Mark's love for the music grew. He eventually picked up the mandolin and then the guitar. He would sit for hours and play and sing with his Dad and Uncle.
Mark currently heads up Mark Whitt and The True Bluegrass Band as the lead signer and guitar player. They are a regional band, who focus on playing traditional bluegrass and gospel.
In addition to performing, Mark is dedicated to writing new material geared in the traditional style. His new Project, includes two of his originals, "Over You" and "I heard Sweet Music Playing.
Mark makes home in Ohio with his wife Mariann and their son.