Guitar Players Influences
uane Eddy, Eddie Cochran. Scotty Moore, Cliff Gallup, Buddy Holly, The Shadows, Jimmy Page, Danny Gatton, Joe Satriani, Mark Knopfler, David Gilmour, John Jorgenson, The Hellecasters, Django Reinhardt, Pat Metheny, Julian Bream...
Steve Gibb's amazing instrumental versatility, combined with his ability to compose in many styles, enables him to transcend the musical genres with ease. Steve explores the fusion of traditional and contemporary sounds to form a unique approach to modern music. Born in Inverness, Scotland, Steve began teaching himself guitar at the age of 6 after being influenced by the guitar sounds of Duane Eddy and The Shadows. At 18, he studied music at Napier College in Edinburgh and went on to win a place at the prestigious Royal Academy of Music in London studying Classical Guitar (with Hector Quine and Timothy Walker), Double-Bass & Composition. In 1989, Steve's guitar playing earned him the John Mundy prize for excellence in the playing of a stringed instrument. Steve has worked with many of today's leading composers and has had many works written especially for him. He has appeared on stage in the title role for the musical, The Buddy Holly Story and is currently performing in the Tony Award winning Broadway musical 'Jersey Boys.'
1. The Flying Scotsman (Instrumental / Celtic Rock)
2. Cagey Bee (Instrumental / Surf / Spy / Western)
3. Dreaming of You (Rock Instrumental)
4. Barracuda (Instrumental / Surf) (Recorded by Martin Fisher)
5. Manhattan Smoothie (Instrumental / Jazz / Latin)
6. Lobster Love (Instrumental / Bluegrass)
7. Emily (Instrumental / Solo Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar)
8. Nervous Breakdown (Instrumental / Country)
9. Theme for a Solitary Man (Instrumental)
10. The Last Whalesong (Instrumental)
11. Zig Zag (Instrumental / Rock)
12. Faceless (Vocal / Adult Contemporary)
Visit Steve Gibb's MySpace page at http://www.myspace.com/stevegibb MUSICIANS PERFORMING ON ZIG ZAG: Steve Gibb electric, acoustic & classical guitars, electric bass, double-bass, banjo, mandolin, dobro, keyboards, percussion, drum programming, lead & background vocals on 'Faceless' Vin Parker drums on 'The Last Whalesong' Martin Fisher additional drum programming and percussion on 'Barracuda' Emily Wells background vocals on 'Faceless' and train whistle on 'The Flying Scotsman' Victoria Stilwell background vocals on 'Faceless' Contact: email@example.com